Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Topics

Post subject: Re: A quick introduction . . .
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:28 am 
Master Sergeant - E8
Master Sergeant - E8

It's fun to read all of these things again. There will be more product and free product coming out for MA in this year and next. I'm extremely happy to see more and more people joining this board. Please spread the word and invite more over here.

Thanks!

James M. Ward

Metamorphosis Alpha 1e rules reprint.
The Eldritch Enterprises DriveThru Page

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:21 am 
Lance Corporal - E3
Lance Corporal - E3

JamesMWard wrote:
It's fun to read all of these things again. There will be more product and free product coming out for MA in this year and next. I'm extremely happy to see more and more people joining this board. Please spread the word and invite more over here.

Thanks!

James M. Ward

So glad to hear that Jim! 8-)

Argennian wrote:
Just wanted to chime in with a crisp virtual salute to all!

I'm a raw recruit to the boards here, being a transplant from the good ship Dragonsfoot. I've been a huge Sci-Fi nut since like forever and have always wanted to include more of it in my rpgs.

I'm Looking forward to reading up on the surely awesome material in these threads and hoping to launch a MA campaign of my own with the aid of all these resources. (Better get ready soon as the 1E players IMC are about to get their first proper dose of space travel! :twisted: )

Cheers,

Argennian

Dragonsfoot! Oh.... that place! (Is a good place) ;)

Welcome aboard! :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:29 am 
Private - E1
Private - E1

Hello all - this is my first post - well in advance of the 72-hour limit. So I have passed the first test - staving off being "Deleted With Extreme Prejudice!" ;)

For a little background, I'm a long-time RPG player. Mostly OD&D, B/X and AD&D. I also have played a little GW - 2nd Edition. I'm currently in a small 3-person group. We're all in our 40's and we rotate DM'ing duties, typically playing B/X or AD&D.

Anyway, I recently started a blog called Underworld Cleaning Service. And I made a post http://underworldcleaningservice.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-toy-metamorphosis-alpha.html on the blog that I had just purchased the MA pdf for $5.95 and was considering running it for my players at some point. And then out of the blue, Craig Strange responded to my post and offerred to help me out with some adventure/campaign ideas for MA. He sent me his excellent-looking module House on the Hill and turned me on to this forum.

So here I am, looking to find out more about this game. My current plan is to run my players through a MA adventure based around House on the Hill. And of course I'll be scouring this site for any additional materials.

I also plan on writing a review of both MA and HOTH once I finish running the adventure.

George

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:38 am 
Sergeant - E5
Sergeant - E5

Location: Moonbase Alpha...in my recliner (OK, Citrus Heights CA)
Welcome aboard George! Looking forward to your reviews and we love hearing about other players' game session re-caps :D

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:50 pm 
Private - E1
Private - E1

Thanks Vermithrax! In reading through MA, I already have a lot of questions. So I'll go a post with some general questions soon.

Just got back from Disneyland, so we're unpacking the kids. Fun, but hectic. :)

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:03 pm 
Private First Class - E2
Private First Class - E2

Hello everyone,

first challenge solved: post within 72 hours; but I did this on another forum-section already; this here is - actually - my second posting.

And it really looks like I could be the pet of the family. As it seems, when all of you started playing RPGs, I was either scattered as biochemical matter in two different human bodies or just the infant havin' been born and cast into the cold harsh times of Germany in the Cold War. Yes, born in '76, but my first contact with RPG was in the late 80ies (Midgard), and I started playing in October '90 - up until now.

Most of the time I played fantasy games, especially D&D products with AD&D 2nd Ed my all time favorite - probably because it is the one I played for more then a decade, and that mostly as DM in various official and self-made settings. Besides that I joined into many, many other and very different RP-games - World of Darkness (different products), Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, Alternity, Call of Cthulhu, Delta Green (Cthulhu Setting) and many many more. But - and that is something I am very sorry about, there was no "real" SF game other then Alternity (Star*Drive => awesome!) which I actively played. I encountered Traveller, too, but just "in theory" (I own the Classic Traveller edition), but I never got the chance to play it, 'cause in my region people enjoy games about drunken dwarven barbarian smashing dragons to pulp in order to rescue the treasure and leave the princess enslaved to the dragon's minions ... Same applies for "Stellar Wind", "Riftroamers" (a self-made game by a friend of mine with plenty of imitations of "Traveller") etc.

Yes, you are right: MA was no part of my RPG-background so far. Will it be in the future? I don't know, but I will look into getting a few friends together in order to play it sooner or later. :)

Now, why am I here?
a) On the official Traveller-forum a few days ago I resurrected a very old topic from 2003 - about generation-ships. This is something I am very interested in (just check the link on my profile; this leads you to one of my book-lists (the one about generation ships) on Goodreads.com), because I actually plan to write a story/ stories about a generation ship.
b) As a reaction to my resurrection I received a couple of answers of other traveller-forum-members pointing me towards you.
c) I am very interested to learn about "the background" of the MA - especially of the ship design and technology ...

So, here I am. And I see: 4.5 versions of MA available ... Looks like I have to do some comparison. And I wonder, whether I should wait for the release of MA5 ...

Besides playing RPGs I enjoy complexe and heavily themed boardgames (Mansions of Madness, Arkham Horros, Earth Reborn (!!!!), Smallworlds, Civilization, Roboralley, Fortune& Glory, Last Night on earth, ...) and 'puter games. Regarding 'puter games I enjoy SF-games the most - not because of the game itself, but because of the looks of it - EvE Online (don't play it currently), the old Wing Commander titles, the X-series by egosoft being the best examples ...

All the best!
Liam

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:57 pm 
Lance Corporal - E3
Lance Corporal - E3

Welcome Liam! I too have a fondness for Traveller & gen-ships, and am also trying to design a gen-ship for Traveller, but I've had to put a lot of RPGs back on the shelf for one of the busiest Christmas Seasons I've ever had! 8-)

I need to get back into MA too, but its been so hard for me to design anything for longer than one night, hunched over a pad of graph paper and a drawer full of mechanical pencils, a compass and ruler, as that's about as much as my back & neck can take, and Real Life has been going along nicely in high gear. :?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:35 am 
Private - E1
Private - E1

Since this is the defacto introduction thread ....

I unfortunately discovered MA later in life - after finding the 1st GW Module at Sears of all places and delving into GW deeply ... none of my friends played so I went down the D&D Basic and Advanced Path ... buying anything I could afford. D&D, GW, 1,2,3,4,5 .... some role master stuff, Altermity, MA v3 Amazing Engine.

So circling back around I heard about the MA: Epsilon City Kickstarter and jumped in with both feet, proud to support MA since it was still actively being published at the hands of its creator.

I do not actively game, I just reading the modules as a sort of short Sci - Fi Story.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:42 am 
Site Admin

RatPatrol wrote:
I do not actively game, I just reading the modules as a sort of short Sci - Fi Story.

Mark,

There's so much new material out there now!

Here's a link to a short free module we put up on RPGNow a while back.

Craig J. Brain

Board index » General Topics