Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Admin

Post subject: Request: Please delete my account
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:51 am 
Private - E1
Private - E1

Please delete my account. These boards are so infrequently updated that I've stopped coming around. I get most of my MA info from other boards and social media these days.

Thanks and God bless.

Post subject: Re: Request: Please delete my account
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:08 am 
Master Sergeant - E8
Master Sergeant - E8

Dude,
You are so wrong. I post almost every week. Lots of other fine people post as well.

Everyone, please do me a huge favor and post what you like about this website on this knucklehead's posting.

Thank you in advance,

James M. Ward

Metamorphosis Alpha 1e rules reprint.
The Eldritch Enterprises DriveThru Page

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:15 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant - E7
Gunnery Sergeant - E7

I agree that we go through stretches where things get a little light, but deleting an account is never a good solution. Some better options that come to mind:

(1) Post something of interest. Get a conversation started and maybe it will take off. The problem with a small board is that it may not have the "critical mass" to be self-sustaining. It needs the occasional nudge from everyone.

(2) Look at older posts. Go back to early threads and see what was discussed back in the earlier days. Most boards are cool if you find an old thread and necro it, and often there are different people now who may have different ideas or viewpoints.

(3) Take a break from checking and come back later. Sometimes I get frustrated when I check a board daily (or more often than that) and nothing changes. My solution is to try to adjust my thinking to maybe checking every weekend or something like that.

I guess for me the notion of deleting an account is too final. It's the old "take my toys and go home" thing and I'd rather have a member remain inactive than deleted. I know that my own interest in games (and message boards) often runs in cycles so I miight post a bunch somewhere and then not visit again for a month.

Just my two domars.

OD&D DungeonMaster - Started with the white box in 1975.
Member #005 to join these boards!

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:18 am 
Lance Corporal - E3
Lance Corporal - E3

What I like about is website? All of the great ideas and resources you can take away from the many threads & posts. Getting new updates as well as cool rewinds of everything Metamorphosis Alpha is rad. Being able to ask questions and converse with Sir James M. Ward, Craig and many of the vanguard from way back is beyond rad.

I much enjoyed MA1e growing up, GW1e as well. After a long hiatus, I was thrilled to find this site and become a member here. I haven't posted much either but that in no way takes away from or degrades the high value of the site or its membership in any way, shape or form. Vlark wanting to delete his account is his choice, I guess. The fact that he couldn't do that via pm, or that he chose to try and be disrespectful and make some kind of parting insult makes me sad for him, honestly.

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:36 pm 
Lance Corporal - E3
Lance Corporal - E3

Number one reason I like this forum: My favorite GM posts here often. Thanks, James M. Ward!

Yeah, okay. I'm a great big fan especially after the MA convention game at North Texas RPG Con 2013.

What is the OSR?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

He-Who-Was-Vlark wrote:
Please delete my account. These boards are so infrequently updated that I've stopped coming around. I get most of my MA info from other boards and social media these days.

Thanks and God bless.

Folks,

Don't be too harsh on this fellow. It's a minor issue and he's been polite

Regards,

Craig J. Brain

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:36 am 
Master Sergeant - E8
Master Sergeant - E8

Craig,

Since I respect you greatly, I must agree with your request. However, why couldn't the dude just never come to the site again? I hate someone not pleased with what we do here.

James M. Ward

Metamorphosis Alpha 1e rules reprint.
The Eldritch Enterprises DriveThru Page

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

Jim,

I suspect it isn't that he isn't pleased with the site, as much as he's frustrated and looking for something to vent upon. As somebody pointed out, he's posted 3 times in 4 years.

He'd have to know that a community is made by everybody who takes part. His own apparent double standard can't be completely lost upon him, so I expect there's another issue.

Some people do this to get a reaction, such as pick a "fight" online, others for the attention. Some, just to see if they can offend. At least he was polite, and he's done no harm.

Craig J. Brain

Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:34 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant - E7
Gunnery Sergeant - E7

Morbius wrote:
Don't be too harsh on this fellow. It's a minor issue and he's been polite
I don't mean to be harsh on him, and I'm sorry that he's frustrated. My thought was that there must be some solution better than deleting an account.

OD&D DungeonMaster - Started with the white box in 1975.
Member #005 to join these boards!

Board index » Admin