Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Admin

Post subject: Before anyone asks...
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry folks,

Before anyone asks, the experts tell us they can't import the old board to this one as it generates way, way too many php errors. So every now and then I'll cut and past some material, but that's as far as that goes.

Good news, polls work and no error messages when you post!

Morbius

Post subject: Re: Before anyone asks...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:44 am 
Staff Sergeant - E6
Staff Sergeant - E6

I can help copy-n-paste as well. I can start with the Miniatures section, or another that you think is more important.

Creator of Savage Apocalypse

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

That's a very kind offer, and gladly accepted :)

I've opened the old forums up again to allow that.

Craig J. Brain

Post subject: The Miniatures sub-forum is coming back!
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:18 am 
Staff Sergeant - E6
Staff Sergeant - E6

As some may have noticed, the Miniatures sub-forum from the old board are slowly making their way here. IMO, I believe it's one of the best PA miniature/modeling references on the net. I don't want it to die with the old forum. Thus the Conversion Project.

Since the transfer is copy-n-paste, I have taken a few liberties. They are as follows.

First, all pictures that do not meet the new forum's size restrictions are converted to a URL link. If someone REALLY wants to see an embedded pic, then please resize it and update the thread.

Second, all comments are attributed to the original owner, so everyone can follow the conversation without confusion.

Third, I condensed some of the threads by removing the "oh cool!" and similar responses. Anything pertinent to the thread was left in. Any good, but off-topic, ideas, etc are moved to a new thread with an appropriate title for easier reference.

Forth, the conversion process is happening slowly during my lunches at work. Please be patient.

Many thanks!
Dave

If there are other goodies from the old forum you want saved, please notify Craig & volunteer!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:53 am 
Site Admin

Dave,

Please let me know if you need the size restrictions changed. That may save a heap of work on everybody's part.

On top of that, I have no intention to shut down the old forums, and want to keep them as an archive for all of our users.

Craig J. Brain

Post Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:23 am 
Staff Sergeant - E6
Staff Sergeant - E6

The old Miniatures section from the old forum is now moved over to this forum. If anyone feels that anything important was left out, let me know -- or feel free to add it.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:48 am 
Lance Corporal - E3
Lance Corporal - E3

Morbius wrote:
On top of that, I have no intention to shut down the old forums, and want to keep them as an archive for all of our users.

I've a question - when I try to register to the old forum ('cause I'd like access to some of that info too) it says that my e-mail address has been banned. Now, I realize that I've been beligerent on some forums in the past (the Paizo forums really got to me and I had to finally back off), I'm pretty sure I've never been on the old MA forums like ever, so it seems I have a mental mutation for causing offense retroactively (that totally needs to be written up). Is it possible for me to register, or is registration to the old forums put to a halt?

At eyeballs in a puddle of flesh surrounded by some hair.
-Jelly Jack, The Residents

Post Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:06 am 
Site Admin

Pneumonica wrote:
Morbius wrote:

I've a question - when I try to register to the old forum ('cause I'd like access to some of that info too) it says that my e-mail address has been banned. Now, I realize that I've been beligerent on some forums in the past (the Paizo forums really got to me and I had to finally back off), I'm pretty sure I've never been on the old MA forums like ever, so it seems I have a mental mutation for causing offense retroactively (that totally needs to be written up). Is it possible for me to register, or is registration to the old forums put to a halt?

It probably isn't aimed at you specifically ;) There have been a number of email services banned due to the high proportion of spammers using them, so I have used "*@hotmail" etc. to ban some of these.

Please PM me on this forum with full details of the profile you'd like on the old forums and I'll see what I can do.

Craig J. Brain

Board index » Admin